HomeGeneralSteps To Cook Prawn Ghee Roast Recipe And The Ingredients Use
September 11, 2018
Steps To Cook Prawn Ghee Roast Recipe And The Ingredients Use
One reason why most of us hesitate to cook something new in our kitchen is – not being able to find proper ingredients or lack of quick availability of the ingredients in our local grocery den.
Below, we have tried to bring you one of the best Non-veg recipes that India has to offer and can be prepared with easily available ingredients, things for cooking Prawn Ghee Roast you need to know and ask.
Prawn Ghee Roast is one of the most popular delicacies of Mangalore, popularized by the Bunts of Kundapur. Hotel Anupama introduced this dish back in mid-Eighties. Today, almost every Mangalorean restaurants serve Ghee Roast. The Prawns are roasted in a spicy masala and then flavored with ghee.
Before Start Cooking the Prawn Ghee Roast, know and ask few ingredients to be used.
1. 250 grams Prawns, shelled and deveined
2. 4 Dry red chilies
3. 1/2 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
4. 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
5. 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
6. 1/4 Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
7. 1/2 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
8. 1/2 Fennel seeds (Saunf)
9. 1 tablespoon Tamarind, soaked in 1/4 cup warm water
10. 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
11. 2 teaspoons Red chili powder
12. 1/4 Cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
13. 1/2 Lemon juice
14. 6 cloves Garlic
15. 2 tablespoons Ghee, plus 1 teaspoon
16. Salt, as per taste.
After you have collected all the ingredients not let’s start cooking the Prawn Ghee Roast
How to make Prawn Ghee Roast?
1. To begin making the Prawn Ghee Roast recipe, soak the chilies in warm water for 1 hour, drain the water and reserve the chilies.
2. Clean the prawns, wash and pat them dry.
3. Soak tamarind in 1/4 cup warm water for 10 minutes. Once it is soaked then squeeze the tamarind and extract pulp from it.
4. Heat a small fry pan, roast the peppercorns, fenugreek, mustard, fennel, and cumin, once the spices stop to splutter, switch off the heat. Transfer the spices into a bowl, let it be cool, and grind to make a fine powder.
5. Add the garlic and soaked chilies into a grinder with a splash of water and grind to form a smooth paste.
6. Marinate the prawns with the lime juice, yogurt, red chili powder, turmeric and a pinch of salt for 20 minutes.
7. Add 2 tablespoons ghee to a pan, place it on medium flame add the prawns in batches. Fry from both the sides until light brown. Remove the prawns from pan.
8. Add garlic chilies paste into the remaining ghee, fry for 2 minutes, add prawns, roasted dry spice powder, remaining marination masala, and salt, mix well and cook until oil gets separated.
9. Add tamarind pulp, curry leaves and cook for 5 minutes on low flame, if required sprinkle some water.
10. Add remaining 1 teaspoon ghee on top, mix and switch off the gas. Transfer the Prawn Ghee Roast into the serving bowl.
11. Serve Prawn Ghee Roast as a side dish along with Steamed Rice for a weekday meal.
I am Supriya Gupta and I am a blogger. I am a person who is positive about every aspect of life.I have always been an achiever be it academics or professional life. I believe in success through hard work & dedication.